Legal and Privacy
“Before I arrived at Pathways I was concerned about the safety of the students, my own safety, and the message I would be sending to the Yoga community at large if I conducted a workshop with a “throw caution to the wind” attitude.
The moment I arrived at Pathways I realized that Pathways was on it. They, like many organizations, are presenting the public with a way forward. Students were required to be vaccinated and wear masks indoors and during classes. They complied without complaint. The process was joyous and productive. Pathways’ efforts in these uncertain times have my unqualified endorsement.”
COVID SAFETY POLICY
As a nonprofit educational organization that embodies a philosophy of interdependence, we believe that the well-being of every individual is deeply connected to the well-being of all living things, and therefore we have a shared responsibility to protect public health and the safety of our community.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have rigorously followed CDC, state, and local guidelines, introduced new safety protocols, and made many operational modifications to safeguard our campus experience. To that end, and after much consideration, Omega has determined we will temporarily require the COVID-19 vaccine for staff, faculty, visitors, and program participants. Additionally, our decision was based on surveying faculty, staff, and participants about safety, who overwhelmingly indicated they would feel safer coming to in-person programs if we required the vaccine at this time.
We do not take this decision lightly, and we will continue to revisit this temporary policy as conditions change. We understand this may preclude some valued members of our community from visiting campus, and apologize for any inconvenience. We also encourage people to visit Omega remotely through our many online offerings, available at eOmega.org.
We appreciate the grace and patience of our community, as we navigate the situation in real-time, and make adjustments along the way.
Here’s what we’re asking you to do:
- Review: Travel | CDC
- Provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to arrival. Note: You need to have received your 2nd does of a 2-dose vaccine 2 weeks prior to arrival on campus (or if you get a 1 does vaccine that needs to be done 2 weeks prior to arrival on campus.)
- Following Califonia state guidance masks are required inside all buildings. This policy is to maximize your protection, and all others, from all Covid variants. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Masks should be worn while within 8ft of persons. Masks are suggested to be always worn.
- Social distance from others on campus.
- Wash your hands often, and use hand sanitizer provided before entering classrooms, the dining hall, and other buildings.
- Follow all COVID safety signage throughout campus.
Here’s what you can expect at arrival and departure:
- To minimize points of contact during check-in and check-out, we are encouraging participants to transport their own luggage to and from accommodations, when possible.
This Privacy Notice sets out how Pathways, manages your data by collecting, processing, and storing your personal information of individuals that is consistent with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
What is personal information?
Personal information can include anything that recognizes and identifies with a living individual. This can incorporate data that when assembled with other data, would then be able to identify a person. For instance, this could be your name or mobile phone number.
What does it mean for you to give consent?
By giving your personal information to us and/or accessing our site, you are consenting to this Privacy Notice and the gathering, utilization, exchange, and handling of your own data as depicted in this Privacy Notice. In the event that you do not agree to this notice or any alterations, kindly do not access any of our services or website.
Defining Personal Information
In this privacy notice, individual data alludes to any information, regardless of whether genuine or not, around a person who can be identified from that information and other data to which we have or are likely going to access.
Personal data you may consent to us to incorporate, but not limited to (contingent upon the idea of your connection with us):
- Date of Birth
- Telephone number(s)
- Any other information relating to any individual which you have given us in any form you may have submitted to us, or through various kinds of communication with you
- Information on any money related exchanges, both free and paid, that is done through the centre or site
When and how we collect your personal information
Pathways may collect personal data directly from you when you:
- Fill up application or registration forms or other similar forms
- Interact and communicate with Pathways at any events or activities
- Communicate with us (for example when you contact us via our site, telephone calls, Facebook, or Whatsapp)
- Register interest and/or request for information of (through our online portals or other available channels)
- Visit or browse our websites
- Request us to contact you
What if you do not consent to providing us your personal information?
If you do not consent to providing your personal information to us, we may not be able to:
- provide the best product or service you want
- personalize and cater to your needs and wants
- verify your identity
- recommend other products or services that might better meet your needs.
Data Subject Rights
You possess certain rights pertaining to your personal information. However, in certain conditions, we may be unable to fulfil your requests, or we may request that you provide us with extra information in relations to your request, especially in situations where we need to verify your identity. In such situations, however, we will still inform you of our decision.
Protecting your Personal Information
Updating of Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice will be subjected to change whenever necessary. Please visit our website from time to time to keep up with any changes and modifications in this notice.
(add writing below)
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMER OF WHICH AMONG OTHERS GOVERNS THE INFORMATION, SESSIONS AND PRODUCTS AT THE Pathways Retreat Center
Pathways retreat center
- Pathways, is a holistic place of business that solely provides a place for Practitioners to provide an alternative/holistic service to Customers.
- Pathways is not responsible for the contents of the articles in respect of the Private Sessions/Workshops/Classes/Free Talks etc. (hereinafter referred to as “The Sessions”). Pathways does not carry any liability whatsoever in respect of the opinions given by the Practitioner and/or the contents of the said advertisement on our web-site and/or on Facebook and/or our Newsletter etc.
- Pathways is only responsible for making the relevant appointment and/or registration for those who intend to attend any of The Sessions at Pathways
- Pathways is only responsible for collecting payment on behalf of the Practitioners who offer their services at our establishment.
- In respect of The Sessions held at Pathways, Pathways is not liable for anything said or done during these sessions.
- Pathways is only and solely responsible to market The Sessions via Pathways website/newsletter/facebook for the Practitioners, fix the relevant appointments and collect payment.
- The contents of The Sessions that is either placed on our website, newsletter and Facebook are done on behalf of the Practitioners who conduct their sessions at Pathways
- Pathways would not be held liable in any way whatsoever in respect of the contents of The Sessions that are published and in respect of what transpires during The Sessions.
- It is to be noted that The Session are not to be considered as medical advice and is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical professional. If you have a health problem or suspect that you may have a health problem, you should consult your healthcare provider.
- None of the Practitioners, of which includes and are not limited to facilitators, healers, teacher or any parties offering services (hereinafter referred to as “Practitioners”) listed or found on Pathways website and/or other publication of Pathways are agents, employees or affiliates of Pathways. All Practitioners are independent contractors.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, write-ups or other information or content of any Practitioners or service rendered by them or available on our website or any publication of Pathways (hereinafter referred to as the “Information”) is solely for information purposes only. We are not responsible and we expressly disclaim any liability associated with any of the Information.
- Pathways does not endorse any of the Information in any way, nor do we vouch for its accuracy or usefulness. Furthermore, we expressly disclaim any liability associated with all Information.
- A Client/Customer who cancels their appointment on the day of the appointment will be subject to a 50% penalty of The Session price subject to a waiver in cases of emergencies and/or left at the Practitioners discretion (Applicable especially to repeated cancellations).
- Certain Sessions require a Customer/ Client to pay a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the session fee. This session would involve work and preparation done by the Practitioner before meeting with the said Client/Customer. In the event of a cancellation, the 50% deposit is non-refundable.
- Once an appointment is made, it is for the Customer/ Client to call Pathways to re-confirm their appointment. Pathways will call the Customer/ Client only as a value added service and not as an obligation.
- In respect of Articles published on our website other than that of The Sessions provided, these articles are solely for one’s general information and/or reading pleasure only and is not a substitute for professional care and/or to be regarded as a personal advice or guidance.
- Pathways will not assume any liability in respect of and not limted to any DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL or CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, or LOST PROFITS that result from the sending of The Weekly Newsletter to the Client’s/Customers e-mails and or the use The Website and/or any other websites which are linked to this site.
- Since the Information published would be continually updated, Information may not be so accurate, current or complete as it would be subject to change without notice.
- Pathways takes appointments on the basis that those who call in for The Sessions have read and fully understood this Legal Disclaimer.
- It is understood that those who wish to engage or participate in any of The Sessions at Pathways does so at one’s own sole & absolute risk and responsibility.
- Just by attending these sessions at Pathways does not create any form of contractual/tortious relationship/duty with Pathways. Any contractual/tortious relationship/duty is solely with the prospective Client and the Practitioner and is at the prospective Client’s own risk and does not create any legal liability under contract and/or tort on the part of Pathways
- Reference to any products, services, hypertext link to the third parties or other information by trade name, trademark, suppliers or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by Pathways. Nor is an endorsement of us implied by such links.
IN NO EVENT WILL PATHWAYS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, CANCELLATION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE SESSIONS OF ANY OF THE PRACTITIONER OR THE ENGAGEMENT BY ANY PARTY OF ANY OF THE SESSIONS OF ANY OF THE PRACTITIONER OR BY THE PARTICIPATION OF ANY PARTY OF ANY OF THE SESSIONS OFFERED BY ANY OF THE PRACTITIONER.